One of the most magnificent castle that exists in the world
Neuschwanstein Castle in Schwangau that is located in the south of Germany, near the city of Füssen is one of the most magnificent castle in the world . It’s like a castle from Disney cartoon except that this one is the real one. Every year 1,4 million tourists visit there to admire both the castle and the beautiful scenery surrounding it.
- 1.4 – 15.10 9 a.m – 6 p.m
- 16.10 – 30.3.2024 10 a.m – 4 p.m
- Daily, except 1.1 / 24-25.12 / 31.12
- Adults 15,00€
- Children under 18y free
- Ticket center is open 1.4 – 15.10 8 a.m – 4 p.m and 16.10 – 31.3.2023 9 a.m – 3 p.m
- The availability of guided tours is currently strongly limited, expect an early sell off. It is recommended to book tickets via [email protected]
- Tickets are sold from the ticket center which is located in Hohenschwangau village.
- Your admission ticket is valid for a guided tour of the castle at a specific time. The guided tours start punctually; in the event of late arrival, participation in the guided tour is no longer possible. Please make your way to the castle in good time and plan additional time on site for possible security checks.
- You can also buy a combined ticket to both castles and the price is 31,00€
- You can visit the castle only with guided tour. The tour is for floors 3 and 4 and on the second floor you will find the museum, shop and cafeteria.
- Prams, rucksacks and other similar bulky objects are not allowed into the castle and should be left in your car or bus. There are some lockers (medium size) in front of the Tourist Information in Hohenschwangau.
- Pets are not allowed into the castle
- Taking photos inside the castle is not permitted
- Castle has a Cafe & Bistro where you can enjoy drinks and something to eat after the guided tour.
- From the castle’s museum you find a shop that sells different kinds of souvenirs.
- Outside the gates of the castle you will find a restaurant.
- The car must be parked at the park place of the village of Hohenschangau. There are several ways to get to the castle from the parking place:
- On foot: it takes approximately 30-40 minutes and the distance from the ticket center to the castle is 1,5km
- By horse-drawn carriage: the carriages can’t go right up to the castle and from the turning area you need to walk 300m (5-10 minutes). The price up is 7€ and down 3,50€. The carriages don’t operate when there is snow or ice on the road.
- By shuttle bus: starts from parking place P4. Buses don’t drive right up to the castle so you need to walk 600m (10-15 minutes). The gradient is 12% and the route is not suitable for anyone with impaired mobility. The price up is 2,50€ and down 1,50€ and if you pay both ways at the same time it will be 3,00€. Buses don’t operate if there is snow or ice on the road. Tickets will be obtained on the bus.
Near the castle you will also find a bridge Marienbrücke that has been built high above Pöllat Gorge – it is really worth to see.
Also another castle Hohenschwangau is located next to Neuschwanstain castle.