An exciting salt mine
Over 500 years old salt mine that has 350.000 visitors per year.
The visitor mining train travels 1400m and the tour takes an hour. There are two slides which are 34m and 40m.
Down under you will see machines used for salt mining, mirror lake, a high-resolution light show and a lot of other interesting things related to salt mining.
- 1.4 – 30.10.2023 9 a.m – 5 p.m (start of the last guided tour). Departures every 10 minutes
- 2.11 – 31.3.2023 11 a.m – 3 p.m (start of the last guided tour). Departures every 25 minutes
- Closed 1.1 / 7.4 / 29.5 / 1.11 / 24-25.12 / 31.12
- Adults 22,50€
- Children 4 – 16 11,50€
- Children under 4y free
- Family ticket 2 adults + one child 50,50€ -> (more children) 6,50€ / child
- Temperature underground is +12 so make sure you have warm clothes and also sturdy shoes
- The whole visit takes approximately 1,5 -2h – it includes changing clothes and buying the tickets
- Back bags and strollers can not be taken underground
- Dogs are not allowed
- Taking photos is not allowed underground
- Audio guides in 16 different languages
- If you don’t want to do the slides you can use walkway to pass the first slide and stairs to pass the second one
- Using a wheelchair will need two strong companions and salt mine is not easy to navigate with it
- Images: Berchtesgaden Salt Mine / Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG